Where to Live in Bangkok
To answer the question of finding the best places to live in Bangkok, it would depend on lifestyle, budget, accessibility. It might be a good idea to make a shortlist of needs/desires, and consider transportation; do you have a car/motorcycle, would you rely on public transportation? What is your eating style; are food-courts ok, street-food, nicer cuisine, or perhaps you like to cook?
– Ekkamai – SalaDaeng – Probably the best deals for your money, with plenty of great local food and a mix of locals and scattered foreigners. The On Nut area has several nice low rise Condos and great access. On Nut road is a long and does have a bit of traffic, so along the Sukhumvit is probably your best bet.
– Huai Kwang – Suthisan – A fairly central location, integrating more with locals and much less a tourist area.
– Nana to Thong Lor – If money isn’t much of a concern, this is probably the most central
location to get anywhere. Note: Soi 11 is starting to change quite a bit; catering to more Middle Eastern and Indian clientele.
Saphan Taksin to Sala Daeng
– Lot’s of nightlife, as you are near the RCA Nightlife. It’s a reasonably central location.
Khao San Rd
– This is a hunting ground for local girls looking for foreigners. It’s cheap to live here, but the noise, drinking, and partying is quite tiring to many.
Here are a few links for more reading;
We hope you find this article for Best Places to Live in Bangkok useful. Please consider us for your or your friends’ housing needs; serving Bangkok for over 12 years with Residential Rentals, Sales, and Property Management
Thaidox Co., LTD | BangkokFinder™ | BPM™
All rights reserved © 2004-2016