Land Size Conversions in Thailand

Thai Metric Imperial Measurement Conversions

In Thailand, land size conversion can be a little confusing. Land area indicated on a Chanote (Title) are often shown in measurements of:  Rai, Wah, Talang Wah (Square Wah), and Ngan. Imperial area size measurements are: Acre, Yards, Sq. Yards, Feet Metric area size measurements are: Hectare, Square Meter The following is listed in larges to smallest unit(s) of measure to help scale your calculations:
  • 1 Hectare = 2.47 acres = 6.25 rai = 10,000 sq/m
  • 1 Acre = 2.471 rai = 4,046.86 sq/m = 43,560 sq/ft
  • 1 Rai = 4 Ngan = 1600 sqm = 0.39 acre = 17,264 sq/ft
  • 1 Ngan = 100 talang wah (twa) = 400 sq/m =
  • 1 Talang Wah = 4 sq/m = 43.04 sq/ft

Convenient Area Conversion Chart

Comments Off on Land Size Conversions in Thailand

How to Find a Good Real Estate Agent in Bangkok Thailand

Choosing a good real estate agent with industry knowledge is important to help you to provide options that fit your needs. Knowledge of areas, buildings, even specific units takes years of experience and building relationships.  Being able to work between both Thai and ExPat owners and renters is a skill set of both language and culture. Thailand real estate agents are a very specialized group compared to their western based counterparts. Continue reading
Leave a comment

Basic Info for Apartments in Bangkok

This article hopefully helps you with basic information on condo apartments and the rules of purchasing here in Bangkok. Like many flourishing modern cities, Bangkok has been experiencing a population surge.  Its stable economy draws investors from around the world, as well as locals who fill the city’s job market.  Urbanization has been rampant in Bangkok; it should be of little surprise the level of activity of apartment sales and purchases. Continue reading
Leave a comment

Foreigners Buying Condos – Information and Definitions

Requirements for Foreigners Purchasing Condos

The 1991 Condominium Act dictates that all expats or foreigners purchasing condos must transfer funds from overseas, in foreign currency (not Thai baht). You then need to obtain a “Foreign Exchange Transaction Form” certificate from the beneficiary bank, for each transfer. All original certificates must be presented to the Land Department to register the condominium into records. Continue reading
Leave a comment
Style Selector
Select the layout
Choose the theme
Preset colors
No Preset
Select the pattern